Our Top Picks
|#1 Atomberg Renesa+||#2 Havells Leganza||#3 Orient Electric Apex-FX|
|Buy at Amazon||Buy at Amazon||Buy at Amazon|
When summer starts, we start looking for the best fans available on the market. Summer is the time to enjoy with family and friends. But it always brings high temperatures and humidity. You cannot just rely on the air conditioners as they can get very costly for you in terms of power bills.
So, the two best options that you have are ceiling fans and pedestal fans. Now, which one to choose from these two fans is the toughest job.
The pedestal fans are also called as the stand fans. The pedestal fans are straightforward to install, and they are also portable. You need not have to fix them in one place only. You can move them from one room to another room as per your requirement and convenience. But that is not possible with a ceiling fan. You fix it to the ceiling fan to the ceiling of one room, and they are fixed there. There are many other advantages that you will be able to enjoy a ceiling fan. So, continue reading the article if you wish to know more about the ceiling fans and pedestal fans before you decide which is the best one for you.
Ceiling fans and their advantages
Table of Contents
Without a fan, it is hard for the air to circulate in the room. A ceiling fan is one of the best options for you when you wish to circulate the air in a large room. Here are some of the advantages of a ceiling fan:
- The appearance of the ceiling fans is much better when compared to the stand fans available in the market. They are available in many different colors and designs, which make your room or any place in the house look very beautiful. You will also be able to choose wooden blades or metal blades as per the other interior in the room.
- You get ceiling fans with attached lights, which also makes their appearance far better than the pedestal fans that are available in the present market. Along with the cooling effect, you will be able to light up the room as well. If you don’t wish to switch on the light, you can just switch off the light, while the fan is still running.
- A ceiling fan is the best option when you wish to cool a large space. You will usually fix the ceiling fan in the centre of the room. That is the right location, so that the air from the entire room can be circulated.
- The blades of the ceiling fan come in different lengths, and depending on the length, you will be able to move air. If you are going for longer blades, then you will be able to move more air. Also, you can choose the length of the blades depending on the room size.
- They do not occupy any space in your house, and hence you can choose a fan of any size that fits perfectly for your requirements.
- They are the safer options because they are fixed to the ceiling, and hence it will not be an obstruction for you. You need not have to worry about pets and kids as well.
Pedestal fans and their advantages
Pedestal fans can be placed anywhere in the house as per your requirements. Here are some of the advantages of Pedestal fans:
- The first advantage of the pedestal fan is you don’t have to worry about any assembling or installation. They come fully assembled. You just need to plug into the socket, and it will start working.
- A good alternative for ceiling fans if they stop working suddenly. If your ceiling fans stop working, then you can switch it on and relax.
- You can use it in the place where you want. Usually, the ceiling fans will cool the entire area. But if you want more cooling, then you can place the pedestal fan near to you. That way, you will be able to sleep and relax well. You will get a night of sound sleep when you are able to feel a cool breeze.
- Portability is one of the best things about the pedestal fans. You need not have to fix it in one place. You can move it as per your convenience. They are light in weight as well, and hence you need not have to worry about the weight as well.
But both of them come with a set of cons as well. Here are a few of them…
The pedestal fans will not last for a long time as the ceiling fans do. They burn out very quickly, and hence you will have to invest in another one very soon. When it comes to the design and appearance of the pedestal fans, they are not as appealing as the ceiling fans.
If you look at the ceiling fans, they are not good for houses with a low ceiling. It can hurt you when you are moving or be an obstacle for you. You will have to take care of the installation process for the ceiling fans, and they are also very expensive.
So, now which one do you think is the best? The answer is simple. The one that suits your requirements is the best fan for you. If you have to move the fan too many times or you are leaving in a rented house, and you keep moving from place to place, then pedestal fans are a good choice. But if you are looking for style and classy look, then ceiling fans are a good choice. They can cool a large area in just no time. If budget and space not an issue for you, then it is always good to have a spare pedestal fan in the house even when you are installing ceiling fans. It will be very handy when your ceiling fan stops working suddenly, and you will need time to get it fixed.
So, make a choice according to your requirements.